Workshop Re-cap: Industry and Competitive Analysis- Getting Started
- Today’s Workshop was the first of a 3-part series for the YMCA’s Self Employment Program. It was great to meet everyone and learn about the businesses they are getting ready to launch! A lovely group of people with unique and exciting skills, backgrounds and ideas. Topics we covered today included:
- Program participants put a great deal of thought and effort into the first drafts of their business SWOT, and benefitted from sharing their ideas and getting feedback from each other as well as from myself.
- Participants also had a chance to practice their elevator pitches, and I introduced them to the “Love, Hate, Relate” approach to talking about their businesses, to give them a more informal and natural way to network.
- Very much looking forward to the second workshop next week!
- You can connect with me on facebook.com/ericajaneconsulting or follow me on twitter @erica_ericajane